How do you change a tire on a Toyota 4runner?
- Step 1 – Lower the spare tire. Before you can access your spare tire, you will first need to lower it. …
- Step 2 – Jack up your car/truck. Place the jack stand under the crossmember/subframe and lift your truck off the ground slowly. …
- Step 3 – Remove and replace the old tire. …
- Step 4 – Mount the new tire.
How do you remove a spare tire without a tool?
Removing a spare tire without the factory tool is easy when you follow these steps:
- Get under the truck.
- Pull off the guide tube.
- Pull out the key with pliers.
- Insert crank into the new hole.
- Turn the crank counterclockwise to lower the tire.
20 окт. 2020 г.
Does 4runner come with full size spare?
The 2018 toyota 4runner comes with a full size spare tire which is located at the rear of the vehicle underneath and is hoisted by a chain.
Where do you jack up a Toyota 4runner?
The best spot to raise the truck from is the center of the front crossmember under the motor if you are raising the front, and the center of the rear axle housing if you are raising the rear. The jack stands on the front go on the shaded section of Figure 1 on the frame rails. On the back, they go on the rear axle.
How do you remove a spare tire from a Toyota Tundra?
Toyota 4Runner, Tacoma, and Tundra: How to Remove Spare Tire
- Step 1 – Locate the tool kit. In order to remove the spare tire, you need to winch it down from its current position. …
- Step 2 – Assemble the rod. The kit will include multiple pieces that need to be assembled together. …
- Step 3 – Locate the crank and turn it. …
- Step 4 – Remove the tire.
How do you get a spare tire off a trunk?
Try to use a wrench or something similar to try to force it open. (Place it on the wing screw from the top, and twist it off). If this does not work, apply lots of WD40 or similar, and let it work a few hours before having another go. use a hammer and a screwdriver/punch to hit it loose.
What is the tool called that lowers the spare tire?
The Steelman 7-Piece Spare Tire Retrieval Tool Kit allows you to remove cradle-suspended spare tires from a variety of vehicles quickly.
Where is the jack on a 2018 GMC Sierra?
For regular cab models, the equipment you will need is behind the passenger seat. For extended and crew cab models, the equipment is on the shelf behind the passenger side second row seat. 1. Turn the knob on the jack counterclockwise to lower the jack head to release the jack from its holder.
How do you get the spare tire off a Land Cruiser?
Insert the jack handle extension into the lowering screw. Place a rag under the jack handle extension to protect the back door. Lower the spare tire completely to the ground. Pull out the spare tire and remove the holding bracket.