The best spot to raise the truck from is the center of the front crossmember under the motor if you are raising the front, and the center of the rear axle housing if you are raising the rear. The jack stands on the front go on the shaded section of Figure 1 on the frame rails. On the back, they go on the rear axle.
How do you know where to put the jack?
Slide your jack stand(s) into place near the jack, beneath a secure area of the vehicle’s frame. If you are raising both front or both rear wheels, place your jack stands to either side of the jack, near the wheels. The purpose of the jack is to raise the vehicle, but the jack stand holds the vehicle in place.
How do you change a tire on a Toyota 4Runner?
- Step 1 – Lower the spare tire. Before you can access your spare tire, you will first need to lower it. …
- Step 2 – Jack up your car/truck. Place the jack stand under the crossmember/subframe and lift your truck off the ground slowly. …
- Step 3 – Remove and replace the old tire. …
- Step 4 – Mount the new tire.
What size jack stands for 4Runner?
Almost anytime you are using a jack, you should be using jack stands. The Pro-LifT T-6906D 6-ton jack stands are a great choice. 3-ton jack stands may be cheaper and technically able to support the weight of the 4Runner, but they will have a much smaller footprint, making them much more susceptible to tipping over.
Where does the floor jack go on a truck?
On four-wheel-drive trucks, place the jack under the front differential. Always place the front jack stands directly under the frame on any type of truck. Support the rear of the truck with jack stands under each axle.
Can I leave my car on a jack stand overnight?
I have seen a lot of qualified mechanics leave the car on jack stands for months without any problems. … Be sure the car is mounted on the proper jacking points and that your jack stands are rated for the appropriate weight and you should be fine.
Can you put jack stands under the axle?
Either will work fine. If you’re not messing with the axles, I would put the jack stands there, it holds it up higher than if you put it under the frame. I agree, under axles. I do it both ways, but make sure your jack stands are heavy enough and the base is solid.
How do you remove a spare tire from a Toyota Tundra?
Toyota 4Runner, Tacoma, and Tundra: How to Remove Spare Tire
- Step 1 – Locate the tool kit. In order to remove the spare tire, you need to winch it down from its current position. …
- Step 2 – Assemble the rod. The kit will include multiple pieces that need to be assembled together. …
- Step 3 – Locate the crank and turn it. …
- Step 4 – Remove the tire.